1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
🔖 This study
on regrets appears to support use of The Regret Minimization Framework. “It was found that people’s biggest regrets tend to involve things they have failed to do in their lives.”
🧠 I’m sure a few of you noticed a hint of survivorship bias lurking
! The Regret Minimization Framework doesn’t imply you will have the success Bezos did, or in fact any success at all, should you try to build something like Amazon. The odds are definitely against that.
It’s just a suggestion to consider decisions through a lens of what you might regret having not tried
in the longer term.